The University of Minnesota Alumni Association Nominating & Board Development Committee is currently accepting applications and nominations of association members for Board positions.
The Alumni Association’s Board of Directors is the governing body for the University of Minnesota Alumni Association, a non-profit 501c3 organization. The role of the 27-member board is to support the mission of the Alumni Association and provide governance and leadership to the organization.
In May 2019, the Alumni Association members will elect the following positions:
- Two elected Collegiate Council Directors (3-year term)
- Two elected At-Large Directors (3-year term)
- One elected Geographic Council Director (3-year term)
- One elected Student & Recent Alumni Council Director (3-year term)
Terms for elected board members run from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2022.
All regular UMAA members around the world are eligible to apply; it is not necessary to live in Minnesota. The Nominating & Board Development Committee is looking for alumni candidates with the following characteristics:
- Commitment to the mission of the organization
- Highly regarded and respected by others, an influential member of the community
- Able to strengthen the organization because of the expertise they bring from their business or professional background
- Adds diversity to the mix of individuals comprising the Board, including age, gender, race, background, expertise, etc.
Individuals can either apply themselves or nominate someone else for these positions. To submit an application for yourself, please use this form and send to Stephanie Klein (email@example.com). To nominate someone, please forward the name and a brief summary of the individual to Stephanie Klein (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications and nominations must be submitted by March 22, 2019.
The Nominating & Board Development Committee will review all applications and nominations and recommend a slate of candidates to the Alumni Association membership through an email vote.
Thank you on behalf of the Nominating & Board Development Committee.